Below is my Top 10 list for becoming an urban beauty!
- Urban beauties give back. Become involved by committing to a public service initiative, and participate regularly. In some communities, urban beauties are like unicorns, you only hear about them, but really, they don’t exist. So when serving in the community, “show up, be smart, and make a good impression.”
- Urban beauties invest in their growth and themselves: acquire more skills, maintain a kept appearance, exercise, prepare your own meals, etc.
- Urban beauties are amusing. Memorize a good joke. Great jokes are good ice-breakers for socially awkward situations.
- Urban beauties are go-getters. Nuff said!
- Urban beauties are cool. Do something nostalgic and share it. Return to your favourite childhood spot, prepare your favorite childhood meal, play your favourite childhood game, and invite someone to join you.
- Urban beauties are into the arts. Add a new a artist from a different genre to your iPod, attend the symphony or a local play, paint, colour, write!
- Urban beauties travel and explore. You don’t have to be an international jet-setter, just go to that side of town where you rarely go, find a cool spot, and chill.
- Urban beauties are intelligent.Try to read one book per quarter, that’s four (4) books per year. Besides my school books, so far, I’ve read three leisure books: Think Big and Kick Ass, 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, and The Help.
- Urban beauties create. I started a blog. What have you been thinking of creating? Do it!
- Urban beauties add value. Don’t be stingy. Share your information, don’t just sit on it!
(Source : MotorCityMoxie )